Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tryin to kill my dog???


News of the pet food recall broke Sunday on the Anatolian Shepherd Dog list, and Monday I checked out the Menu Foods website to scan the list of recalled food. So far it is only canned or pouched food, but I'm still worried since we use a few of the affected brand's dry food or biscuits.

Tonight after an update on local pets on the news, I rechecked the list. What the???? Now we have a recalled can of food- Paws with Lamb Cuts and Vegetables. Did I miss it the first time I checked? How scary!

We don't routinely feed our dogs canned food as a meal. They do however, get a little snack every night of a spoonful of canned food. I've been meaning to open the Paws can but since it is a 22 oz. can I wasn't sure my plastic lid I use on the cans would fit. Right now I'm so happy I never opened this can.

You know, the can has no indication on it that is is made by Menu Foods in Canada. As a matter of fact it has "Product of USA" printed on the label. Tsk! Shame!

I'm getting a little scared about food. Just a few weeks ago we had to toss a jar of peanut butter because that brand recalled them. Hope they never get my Cheetos!

8 am 50 degrees
5:30 pm 68 degrees
cloudy, rain in late afternoon

No comments: